Frequently Asked Questions
I need a job, can you help me?
Jora is a job search engine. We are neither a recruiter nor an immigration agency, so unfortunately we can’t help individuals to find jobs. We however put all our efforts to make the largest possible number of quality jobs available on our site so all you need to do is to search for them and apply to the ones you find suitable for you.
How do I create an account?
To create an account on Jora go to the ‘Sign Up’ page and enter your email address and a password in the ‘create an account’ form
I do not remember my password. How can I reset it?
As long as you already have an account with Jora you can easily reset your password by navigating to ‘Forgot your password?’ and filling out the email textbox. After submitting your email address you will receive an email with further instructions on how to recover your password.
How can I edit my profile?
You can edit your profile by first going to ‘Your Account’ page. You will be required to login before you can access any of your account details. From your account page you can easily navigate to the ‘edit profile'; clicking on this link will allow you to edit your email address and password associated with your account.
I did not receive confirmation instructions, what should I do?
You can manually request us to resend a confirmation email by going to the ‘Email Confirmation’ page and submitting a new form with your email address.
How do I search for jobs in Jora?
To find jobs, go to the Jora home page and enter your search query and the desired location in the search bar. Then, click the ‘Search Jobs’ button and you will see a list of the search results matching your query and location.
How can I save a job?
You can save the jobs you find interesting by clicking the link ‘save Job’ that appears at the bottom of each job advertisement extract in the results page. This feature can also be used to keep track of the job advertisements that you have already applied for.
How can I see a list of my previous searches?
To see a precise list of all the previous searches you have performed, you need to be a registered user and be Signed In to your Jora account. The previous searches are listed in the tab ‘My Searches’ located within the section ‘My Account’.
How do I create an email alert?
To create a job alert, enter a specific query into the search box and then click ‘Search Jobs’. In the search results page click on the link ‘create email alert for this search”, this link will only be available to you if you have logged into the Jora website with a valid account.
If you are not currently logged in or you want to create an email alert without signing up as a Jora registered user, perform a search and then fill in the textbox at the top or bottom of the result page with your email address. Please note that entering your email address in this textbox will send you job alerts but it is different to having a Jora account.
How to apply for a job?
It should be pretty straightforward for you to apply via Jora site. Click on the job title. Then basically you have 3 options:\
- You will be redirected to the employer / recruiter / job board website. Please read the job description and application instructions carefully since some employers have specific requirements. e.g. Work and Income website asks you to call them and quote job ID (which is in their job description page). For other employers usually you will need a CV and a cover letter.\
- A job description page opens. There is a link ‘View or apply for job’. It redirects you to the employer site. Again, follow the instructions.\
- You have a ‘Quick apply’ option under the job ad. This allows you to apply staying on Jora website. You will need a resume and you can write a message. The accepted file formats for the resume are pdf, doc, docx, txt, html and htm. If you have an account with us, you can re-use the same file for multiple applications.
You can still click on ‘View original job posting’ and apply from the employer website if you prefer.
How do I edit or cancel an email alert?
At any time you can edit, pause or cancel your email alerts by navigating to ‘My Alerts’ section of your account page. The ‘My Alerts’ section will provide you with a list of email alerts that have been associated with your account.
If you have subscribed to email alerts but you have not yet registered an account with us, you can cancel your email alerts by scrolling down to the bottom of your email alert and clicking the link “Cancel this email alert”. Please note that you must do this for every email alert you have signed up for if you want to stop receiving all and every email alert you have created.
The job advertisement has offensive content, no longer exists or is a spam. How to proceed?
If you have found any abusive or fraudulent job advertisement, please send us a message via the ‘Contact Form’ with the job link (URL) and we will remove that particular job advertisement immediately.
If you have found a job advertisement that is no longer published on our website it may be due to the fact that we have manually removed it from our system or that it has been removed by the original publisher of the content. In any case, we are not able to provide you with the job advertisement details and you may have to contact the publisher directly.
How can I get more details about a particular vacancy?
To get the most accurate and up to date details about a specific vacancy you need to contact the company or the publisher of the job advertisement. The majority of the job advertisements will redirect you to the appropriate website. Jora only displays job advertisements and does not take ownership of them.
How can I upload my resume?
Most of the time, Jora redirect to the original sites to apply as they have their own application process. But in some cases, when you see Quick apply button, you can apply directly on Jora. In this case it is useful to have a saved resume on Jora.
You can upload a resume from desktop, mobile browser and Jora app (Android and iOS). The accepted file formats are: PDF, Doc, Docx, Html, Htm, Txt.
- To upload a resume from desktop computer:
- Log in to Jora Account, or Sign up if you haven’t had Jora account
- Click on “9 little squares” (top right)
- Click on Upload Resume
- To upload a resume from mobile browser, click on Post resume on top of the Jora Homepage.
- To upload a resume from Jora mobile App:
- Click on Profile tab (bottom right)
- Click on Upload Resume
Please note that:
- To upload a file you need a Jora account.
- You can only have ONE resume file saved.
- On Quick apply feature, if you haven’t had a resume saved in your profile, you can upload a resume file when you apply however it won’t be saved to your profile. This feature is perfect for a one-off application as you are able to send a different resume. If you however have a resume saved in your profile, by clicking ‘Quick apply’ your saved resume will be automatically attached to your application and sent off.
- If you are an Android user, you can select your resume file from Google Drive or DropBox.
- If you are an iOS user, you can select your resume file from iCloud, or Google Drive or DropBox if you have the app and also integrated the app with Jora app.
How do I install Jora mobile App?
To download Jora mobile app, depending on the smartphone you have, you can go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Jora,
or follow the links below from your smartphone:
How can I sponsor my job advertisements?
If you would like to sponsor your job advertisements that are already on our website please leave your company and contact details in our “Contact Us” form and we will forward your details to our representative.
Why is my job on Jora?
Jora is a free job search engine which sources job ads from many different online sources including partner job boards, integrations with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and publicly accessible vacancy listing on company websites. Listing your job on Jora is free of charge and can provide you with access to millions of additional candidates. Jora typically redirects candidates to the original source of a job in order to apply. You can measure the value Jora is delivering through your ATS or web analytics platform. Finally, your job ads can also be listed on Jora when a representative of your company has given permission to one of our staff to post your ads on Jora.
Why can’t I post a job on Jora anymore?
You are unable to post an ad on Jora as we no longer provide support for self-posted jobs in your country. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.